I know when I asked on the facebook fanpage most of us were in agreement that we make the same slow cooker recipes or slight variations of the same recipes a lot.
I want to help all of us break out of the spaghetti sauce and chili routine. I love sweet potatoes and chicken is a mainstay in my house. You can find chicken thighs on sale quite frequently so this recipe becomes very frugal as well.
- 4 sweet potatoes, cleaned and cut into large squares
- 6 chicken thighs, skin off
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put prepared sweet potatoes in slow cooker, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange chicken thighs on top of sweet potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix orange marmalade and chicken broth together in separate bowl, then pour over the chicken.
- Set slow cooker to LOW and cook covered for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon sauce over top of chicken when serving. Serve alongside steamed kale for a complete meal.
Photo credit: L. Marie
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.