My new found obsession with bacon has slowed down but not disappeared. My biggest bacon obsession is the turkey club so of course finding new variations is a priority. Just how many different ways can I doctor up a club to be just a little different? We’ll have to wait to find out.
This option is a fun party food. It’s different than your usual party fair and it get gobbled up quickly.
Have fun with the options for garnish on top. Try some peperoncini’s, black olives or your favorite stuffed green olives. No reason why you can’t get stack that skewer up to the top with different options. It will also make the sandwich serve more people if each kabob has just a little more food on it to fill people up.
- 12 slices of bacon
- 18 slices of sandwich bread
- ½ C of mayonnaise
- 4 T of Thousand Island dressing
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices of cooked deli turkey
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 6 slices each
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 sweet pickle slices
- Place the bacon slices in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the bacon for 10 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Drain the bacon well on paper towel.
- Toast the slices of bread in the toaster.
- Place the mayonnaise into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the Thousand Island dressing and stir until blended together well.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over one side of each slice of toasted bread.
- Place 6 slices of bread on the counter mayo side up.
- Place one lettuce leaf and 2 slices of turkey onto each piece of bread.
- Place 6 slices of bread mayo side down over the turkey.
- Add 6 more lettuce leaves to the sandwich.
- Place 2 slices of tomato over the lettuce.
- Lay 2 slices of bacon over each sandwich.
- Top with the remaining toast mayo side down.
- Use a sharp knife and cut each sandwich into 4 pieces diagonally.
- To assemble place 1 sandwich piece on a wooden skewer.
- Add one cherry tomato.
- Place another sandwich piece to the skewer.
- Slide on one sweet pickle slice.
- Finish with another sandwich piece.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.