Hey, we’re on day 8 of the Cook Easy Foodie Blogger Challenge already. Time is flying by.
This recipe is easy and affordable. 5 ingredients, foil packets and the grill. Virtually no clean up is necessary.
The cool thing about this recipe is you can change where you are cooking it. Keep it in the foil packet and throw it on the campfire grate, the grill at home or even in your oven. Don’t want to go with a foil packet? Then put the ingredients in the slow cooker and put it on low for 8 hours. Super versatile and since it’s only 5 ingredients it’s wide open for you to add things to it and make it your own.
- 4 chicken breasts, skin and bone removed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, each quartered
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Tear off 4 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and place a chicken breast on each one.
- Top each with the tomatoes and onion, evenly distributing each.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pesto and mayonnaise.
- Spoon this mixture over chicken and veggies, then cut the butter into quarters and place a pat of butter on each.
- Fold foil over tightly sealing them.
- Put on grill on indirect heat, close cover, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, spinning the packet around once during this cooking time.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes before opening.
- Carefully open bag so the steam doesn't burn you.
Photo credit: thebittenword.com
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.