This is a great budget friendly salad for those potluck dinners or large families get together. It’s colorful and healthy but most importantly it tastes great. Once the dressing is added be sure to serve the salad within 2 hours to keep it crispy fresh.
- 6 C broccoli florets
- 3 C cauliflower florets
- ½ C of raisins
- ⅓ C walnuts, broken
- ¼ C salad oil
- ¼ C cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place 2 inches of water into a saucepan, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook 2 minutes then drain the broccoli well.
- Cook the cauliflower the same way as the broccoli.
- Drain the cauliflower well.
- Layer half of the broccoli, half and cauliflower and half of the raisins into a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with half of the walnuts.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining broccoli, cauliflower, raisins and walnuts.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place the oil and vinegar into a jar with a screw top.
- Add the salt, honey, basil and pepper.
- Screw on the lid tightly and shake until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.