You can change up this recipe a little with smaller cucumbers so they are more of a personalized size. I then love to serve it with toasted baguette slices and some fresh fruit. It’s a really easy make ahead recipe. Make up the salad ahead and just cut the cucumbers last minute.
These cucumber boats are a fun way to serve many foods. Try egg salad, chicken salad or even ham salad for a different look to old stand-byes. Everyone will rave at your creativity at your next picnic or BBQ.
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 (6 oz) can tuna in water, drained well
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 c celery, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp relish
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut the cucumber in half longwise.
- Remove the seeds and cut the bottom so the cucumbers set flat.
- Place the tuna, eggs, celery and onion into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir slightly to help breakup the tuna.
- Add the mayonnaise and relish.
- Stir together until the mayonnaise is slightly smooth.
- Pour in the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in the pepper.
- Stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and continue stirring until all the ingredients are incorporated together.
- Fill each cucumber half with the tuna mixture.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.