No reason to have to skip out. I’ve been finding a lot of variations to try out for chicken strips. The great thing about them is you can use a lot of the ingredients you already have in your pantry. This one is going gluten free with a nut crust.
Change it up again by the dip choice you make to go with it. Think beyond the ranch, bbq sauce and ketchup. Think Frank’s or horseradish. I really need to get some of my favorite and simple dipping sauces loaded. It’s amazing how quickly you can change up just a few condiments you already have in your fridge.
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce each) chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pecans in a shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place the butter into another shallow pan.
- Dip the chicken strips in the butter and then roll in the pecans. Be sure the chicken strips are completely covered.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the coated chicken strips in a single layer on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Image by psgreen01 via Flickr
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.