Very few things say comfort like a gooey pan of lasagna! Recently I have been making lasagna roll ups instead of a big huge pan of lasagna. They are so easy to customize… love mine with spinach, carrots and mushrooms, hubby loves with meat added to his and my sister doesn’t want to see a mushroom anywhere near hers! Super easy and you can bake just the amount you need. Get creative… think loads of veggies, maybe chicken with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots (great with Alfredo sauce), ham with peas and carrots or even Mexican!
- 12 Lasagna Noodles
- 15 oz. part skim Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese (Extra if you like it extra gooey)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 1 Tbls chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil or 1 Tbls. Chopped fresh basil
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 bag shredded carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce * *Email me for bonus spaghetti sauce recipe – always nice to use because you control what goes in!
- Thaw spinach. Drain well, pressing out the liquid.
- Cook pasta noodles to just al dente (do not overcook!). Rinse and drain. Set aside. I lay them out on parchment paper and drizzle with a tad of olive oil so they don’t stick together.
- Mix together ricotta, half of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, spinach, carrots, parsley, garlic, and basil. Spread approximately 1/3 cup of cheese mixture evenly over each noodle. Starting from the short side, roll up each noodle. Place rolled noodle seam side down on a cookie sheet. Flash freeze (about 1 hour) until noodles are frozen. Transfer to gallon-size freezer bag.
- Place remaining mozzarella cheese in a small freezer bag.
- Place spaghetti sauce (if using homemade) in a quart-size bag. Tape all bags together or slide them into a 2-gallon-size freezer bag. OR Keep spaghetti sauce on hand in your pantry.
- Label and freeze.
- To serve thaw the number of roll-ups you need. Place in a baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.