When I think of easy, I think of my slow cooker. I love tossing ingredients in either the night before or the morning of and just letting it sit all day. Plus the smell in the food cooking all day just makes your mouth water.
I love to keep an eye on the clearance meat for the spareribs. They can be expensive to buy full price. Grab them on clearance for half price and toss them in the freezer for a quick meal later.
- 3 lbs. pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans (15 oz size) fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Put spareribs in heavy skillet with a little oil and cook until browned.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper, then add tomatoes, onion, and celery.
- Mix together water and cornstarch in small bowl. Pour into skillet, whisking to remove browned bits from skillet. Then pour this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Set heat on slow cooker to Low and cook, covered, for 6 to 7 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Remove spareribs to platter and stir mixture in crockpot to combine well, then pour over ribs.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.