Honey Chicken Wings for slow cooker and freezer
6 lb. chicken wings or small drums
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 c. soy sauce
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 tbsp. ketchup
1 garlic clove, minced
1. Wash and pat dry chicken wings.
2. Cut and discard chicken wing tips.
3. Cut wings into 2 parts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl and mix well.
5. Place wings in slow cooker and pour sauce over. Cook 6 hours on low.
6. If making ahead to freeze, cook for only 4 hours and then cool thoroughly and quickly. Place wings in portion control containers with appropriate amount of sauce for each portion. When ready to reheat place in slow cooker for 2 hours or bake for 45min-1 hour at 350 degrees. I tend to take half the chicken wings out to cool and freeze and then keep heating the other half for eating at the time.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.