This recipe is perfect for packing for lunches. Whether on a picnic or taking to work. It’s low-cost and eaten cold. Really quick to make which is always a big plus in my book.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, cut in half and sliced super thin
- 4 oranges, sweet seedless, peeled, cut crosswise into thin circles
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, cut lengthwise in thin strips, including tops
- ½ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved into strips
- Put the olive oil, orange juice, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, put the fennel and half the olive oil mixture, tossing to coat fennel well.
- Choose 4 salad plates or small food containers.
- On plates or in containers, arrange orange slices, then put fennel mixture on top, and divide the salmon, green onions, and shaved Parmesan evenly among the 4 salads.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil dressing evenly over the top of the salads.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.