Asparagus is a big favorite for my family and I. It grows in abundance in areas just across the mountains from us here in the Seattle area. As a girl, I grew up going out with three other generations of women to pick asparagus from the sides of the road. We’re talking deep, back country roads here and usually dirt. It grew along all the irrigation canals.
Then we’d spend the weekend at my Great-Grandma’s canning. I’m sure I wasn’t much help being young but the memories are awesome.
One thing I’m sure of was we never had it gourmet style like this recipe. I LOVE this recipe! It’s just amazing how versatile asparagus is. It can carry some really strong flavors. Like the bacon and goat cheese here.
- 6 bacon slices, browned well, drained, and crumbled
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus, washed and woody stems trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Put asparagus on large baking sheet and cover with olive oil, salt and pepper, tossing to coat evenly.
- Put asparagus in preheated oven and roast for 7 to 9 minutes until asparagus is just getting tender.
- Immediately put hot asparagus in serving dish and sprinkle with goat cheese and lemon zest and juice.
- Serve hot with bacon crumbles sprinkled over each individual serving plate.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.