A gooey casserole from the slow cooker. Perfect for busy days. It goes well with nice weather so you won’t heat up the house with the stove or it’s even better when the rain hits and you need some comfort food.
Since this is a gooey recipe, I serve it in large bowls. It goes well with rice and a dollop of sour cream and guacamole on top. If I have time I will saute peppers and onion and add corn to it for a side. If time is limited then a big side salad will do the trick.
- 3 T canola oil
- 4 lg. chicken breast
- 1 (19 oz) can of enchilada sauce
- 2 (11 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4.25 oz) can black olives, sliced
- 2 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. taco style cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is heated add the chicken.
- Cook about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Once the chicken has cooled it can be shredded or chopped.
- Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges per tortilla.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the soup, olives and onions.
- Begin layering in the slow cooker with the enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Then add the tortillas, soup, chicken and the cheese in that order.
- Continue layering in that order to the top being sure to end with the cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.