This recipe is perfect for a 3 or 4qt slow cooker. I like to double it up and freeze extra portions. It just makes sense to make more to eat later. Plus it tends to get eaten for lunch the next couple of days after we have it.
You can use chicken breast if you prefer to go with a leaner meat. The dark meat of the chicken thighs just bring a lot of flavor to the chili.
Again, like many other crock pot recipes, you can set this up the night before. Just refridgerate it in your crock and set it to cook in the morning.
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, bones and skin removed, then diced
- 3 cans (14 oz size) diced tomatoes with chilies and garlic, undrained
- 1 pkg. (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (15 oz size) Great Northern beans, drained
- 3 cups water
- Put everything in crockpot and give it a stir.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is tender.
Photo credit: thelesleyshow
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.