This recipe is made in the slow cooker and would make an awesome gift! Just put it in a pretty tin or bag with super cute label and ribbons.
Spiced Mixed Nuts
Use non-salted nuts.
1/2 pound halved walnuts
1/2 pound pecans
1/2 pound cashews
1/2 pound peanuts
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1. Warm large slow cooker for about 20 minutes.
2. Add nuts and butter. Stir well to coat nuts with butter.
3. Add the powdered sugar and stir well again.
4. Cover with lid and cook on high for 15 minutes.
5. Turn slow cooker down to low and uncover. Let cook for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Nuts should be coated in a stiff glaze.
6. Combine spices in a small bowl, or I prefer to combine in a large shaker.
7. Pour nuts into a large bowl. Gently sprinkle spices over nuts and stir continuously.
8. Store in airtight containers.
I love to have help with this recipe. It’s much easier to have one person stirring the nuts while another is gently sprinkling the spices so you don’t get clumps.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.