Do I need to say anything else? Add these fun appetizers to your meal and watch them go fast. They are great to prep well advance and then pull the tray out while you are cramming to get the meal done.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp green chilis
- 2 strips bacon, diced and fried crisp
- 2 Tbsp sweet onion, finely diced or grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ tsp cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Chop the avocado up in a bowl, then add the remaining ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Blend with a fork until slightly smooth but some avocado chunks remain.
- Cut tops off cherry tomatoes (about a pint) and, using a small sharp knife, cut out the insides (save for another use).
- Arrange on a platter, cut side up. If any won't stand upright, cut a small amount off the bottom (without cutting through) to make the bottom flat.
- Fill the tomatoes with the avocado mixture, and top with a cilantro leaf if desired.
- Serve cold.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.