It’s prime time to grab inexpensive cucumbers of all types at your local market. I love to make quick, fresh pickles to add to the side of anything grilled.
- 4 pickling cucumbers, sliced
- ½ c vinegar
- 2½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan combine vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds and garlic over medium low heat. Simmer until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Add bay leaf, dill, and cucumbers to a large glass bowl.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers and stir well.
- Let marinate.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.