Sometimes a recipe starts from shear cheapness in my house. I bought some 10 grain pancake mix to try and hated it as pancakes. But, I can’t bear to throw something like that away. I’d bought it bulk and still had around 5 cups of the stuff. Finally today I figured out a recipe for it and it turned out pretty well.
Recipe: Strawberry-Banana Muffins
- 3 cups 10 grain pancake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe medium bananas mashed
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin trays with non-stick cooking spray or add cupcake liners.
- In large bowl, mix pancake mix and brown sugar.
- In medium bowl beat eggs and mix in water.
- Combine in large bowl, stirring softly. Mixture should be lumpy.
- Gently stir in bananas and strawberries.
- May need to add up to half a cup more water depending on your pancake mix. Batter should be slightly thick, but not dry.
- Spoon into muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Test with toothpick to make sure middles are done.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes and pop out of muffin pans to cool fully or serve hot.
Makes 24 muffins. I suggest making sure there aren’t too many strawberries at the bottom of the muffins. While they taste great with more, the muffin will be more doughy from the extra moisture. I had a few that fell apart in the pan because of this.
Delete strawberries and add 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts.
Cooking time (duration): 5
Diet type: Vegetarian
Meal type: breakfast
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.