- 5 1/4 C of water
- 2 1/4 C of sugar
- 12 lbs. tart apples, washed, cored, peeled and cut into even chunks
- Pour the water into a saucepan and place the pan over high heat.
- Stir in the sugar and stirring continuously bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir and boil until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Keep the syrup just at a boil over medium heat while preparing the apples.
- Prepare the canning jars and two piece lids according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Fill the jars with the apple chunks packing them in firmly.
- Pour the boiling syrup over the apples leaving a 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe the rims of the jars and hand tighten the seals.
- Place the jars in a water-bath canner for 20 minutes from the point of boiling.
- Remove the jars carefully and place away from drafts to cool completely.
- Test the seals and if you find jars that did not seal correctly refrigerate them to use within two weeks.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.