Sure the holidays are over but that doesn’t mean I don’t still love cranberries in my food. Especially the canned cranberry sauce. It’s like a sweet jelly with the tartness of cranberry added in. Perfect for changing up recipes.
Roasts are so easy to make with just a few ingredients. I just love to find new recipes for roasts. It’s very easy to get in the rut of making the same roast every time. Not that it’s a bad thing since it’s so yummy, but it’s fun to change things up.
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast
- 2 TBSP cooking oil
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 can (16 oz) whole cranberry sauce
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBSP cold water
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- In large heavy skillet, brown both sides of chuck roast in hot oil over medium high heat.
- When browned, turn off heat, remove meat to plate and set aside.
- In same skillet with heat off, mix in the green onion, cranberry sauce, water, salt, and pepper, stirring until mixed well and the brown bits on pan are loosened; then spoon mixture into crockpot.
- Put small rack in crockpot and place browned meat on rack.
- Put cover on and set crockpot to LOW and cook for 7 to 8 hours.
- When meat is done cooking, remove meat and rack from crockpot; put meat on serving platter and keep warm.
- In small bowl, mix together the cold water and cornstarch until completely dissolved.
- Slowly drizzle the cornstarch into the liquid in crockpot, stirring constantly; continue stirring until mixture thickens and forms gravy.
- Serve the gravy over mashed potatoes alongside the beef roast.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.