This is a great casserole that uses up a lot of leftovers at once. Plus, it freezes well. If you are tired of leftovers just put this dish together and wrap it up tightly with aluminum foil. Freeze it for dinner in the upcoming weeks when you are super busy with holiday plans.
- 4 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 3 cups cooked vegetables, anything you have leftover
- 1 cup gravy
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese; room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, broken up
- dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large pie plate or casserole dish.
- Heat turkey, vegetables, and gravy in a saucepan until warmed through, then turn into prepared dish.
- Mix room temperature mashed potatoes with egg and cream cheese until smooth and well blended, add salt and pepper to taste, then mix again.
- Spoon the potatoes over the ingredients in casserole, spreading to cover ingredients completely.
- Stick pieces of butter all over the potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes are browning and filling is bubbling hot.
Photo courtesy grandgrrl
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.