A great thing about this recipe is it’s portability. There really isn’t anything to go bad in the ingredients. So you can pack it up for a picnic without the big worry of spoilage.
- 1 15oz can grean beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 pound wax beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp celery seed
- In a medium bowl mix sugar, vinegar, oil and seasonings.
- Toss in beans and onion.
- Once the salad is thoroughly combined, allow it to set in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
Photo credit: James Bowe
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.