This is such a unique recipe. The dressing works well with many different flavors. I like to make up a larger batch and experiment with salad toppings. Chile sauce has been one of my addictions for the last couple of years.
- 1 (6 oz) package fresh baby spinach
- ½ small red or sweet onion, sliced very thin
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced on the diagonal into thin discs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp sweet red chile sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- dash soy sauce
- chopped walnuts
- Wash and dry the baby spinach, put in bowl, then toss in onions and put in refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes, along with salad plates.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by whisking together in a glass bowl the sesame oil, sweet red chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove salad plates and spinach from refrigerator, and divide the salad between the plates.
- Top spinach with pineapple chunks and banana slices.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with chopped walnuts if desired.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.