We use to make this recipe with diced chicken at my parents cafe but it works with any leftover poultry so that’s why I’m posting it here. As I stated above, we used this recipe in two ways which is just smart business. Run your kitchen like a business. This recipe became a salad on greens or a sandwich between any different bread. The cool thing about this recipe is you can open up a pita pocket, grab a torta roll or put it between your normal wheat bread.
- 1 cup cooked, cubed turkey or chicken meat
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Toss gently, but make sure you combine all the seasonings well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, preferably 2 or more.
- Serve on bread with tomato and lettuce or over a bed of lettuce.
Photo credit: Rex Roof
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.