Yippee, I got another one done for you.
I’m not sure why it doesn’t happen more often. Obviously my Sundays have been really busy in the last few months. That’s when I like to think about what we’re having for dinner the coming week.
This week I’m just posting the meal idea and not what day. They are all up for debate except for last nights tater tot casserole which was eaten by the teens with gusto.
My week is going to be wonky but what week isn’t right? Friday and Saturday are the state wrestling meet. While my kids didn’t make it to state, we are still going. I’m so excited to cheer on our 5 boys and 5 girls that are going! It’s a huge event in Washington and the Tacoma Dome is sells out. Big pet peeve that the media doesn’t care but I’m continually working on that 😉
Anyway, the kids and I will be there both days so that means packing dinner. I’m going to leave options open for hubby to make or I’ll put them in the slow cooker for him before heading out. But there will probably be a lot of leftovers those two nights as we’ll have to eat at the event somewhere. You can’t take food in unless you are a participant 🙁
This week I’m also working on making some extras for the freezer. My freezers are a big mess right now and need organizing. I have a crazy looking list on my freezer of what is in there but it’s a trial to find what I’m looking for. Time to clean up.
This week’s menu is:
- Tater Tot Casserole– the kids had this last night
- Chicken Pot Pie from week 11 of meal plans. I’m making 2 so one goes in the freezer. I have cooked chicken breasts that need to be used up.
- Jambalaya – I’ll have to post recipe later. I’m trying something new. This will be made on Tuesday as it’s Fat Tuesday and I want to celebrate Mardi Gras!
- Broccoli beef and tofu – again there are leftovers in my fridge to use up. This may end up being made tonight so I don’t have to throw the beef out. I’m making two different dishes because my son really can’t stand the texture of tofu. I found a recipe that is super easy, hopefully it’s good.
- spaghetti – this is one that will probably be made on Friday or Saturday. I’m out of sauce in the freezer so it’s past time to make some more. One of my favorites to throw into the slow cooker.
- Crockpot Swiss Steak
- Sushi – I have all the fixings for this which is odd. We pretty much have California rolls that we add different things to. All of us like fresh tuna added to it. I have sushi grade tuna in the freezer.
This isn’t the only thing I’m making this week. I have ground turkey and ground beef that needs used. So I’m making a couple of trays of enchiladas and tamale pies as well. I told you I was having issues with my freezer feeling bare!
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.