In order not to balloon up weight wise and keep some of my health, I love to come up with new ways to prepare foods so they have a crunch without the calories. While many people have a sweet tooth, I love crunchy and salty. Thankfully that is easier to accomplish now with the many great products out there. Mix up the breadcrumbs to see which one’s give you the best crunch. Sometimes I like to add panko to the regular breadcrumbs.
Mix up your favorite dip. These fries go with just about anything. Sweet, spicy, savory they can take it.Think of all the healthier dips you can make. Hummus is high in protein and low in fat but you still get the creamy texture. Think out of the box beyond just ranch and premade dips.
- 2 medium size zucchini
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- *Optional - if you don't have seasoned breadcrumbs, use plain and add dried oregano or other Italian seasonings to the breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray non-stick cooking spray on a baking sheet or cookie sheet.
- Wash and dry the zucchini, then cut into thin French-fry size and shape sticks.
- Put egg white in a bowl, whisk until frothy, then add milk and whisk together until combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl, put the Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumbs and mix together.
- Put a few zucchini 'French fries' into the egg/milk mixture to coat, then remove and put in breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture, coating well.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, and continue until all zucchini fries are prepared.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until nicely browned; turn once during the cooking time.
- Remove to a cooling rack and enjoy with any dip you like.
- Will make 2 light snacks.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.